– TDS is directly related to the purity of water and the quality of water purification systems and affects everything that consumes, lives in, or uses water, whether organic or inorganic, whether for better or for worse.
– The EPA Secondary Regulations advise a maximum contamination level (MCL) of 500mg/liter (500 parts per million (ppm)) for TDS.
– Numerous water supplies exceed this level.
– When TDS levels exceed 1000mg/L it is generally considered unfit for human consumption.
– A high level of TDS is an indicator of potential concerns, and warrants further investigation.
– Most often, high levels of TDS are caused by the presence of potassium, chlorides and sodium.
– These ions have little or no short-term effects, but toxic ions (lead arsenic, cadmium, nitrate and others) may also be dissolved in the water.
– Even the best water purification systems on the market require monitoring for TDS to ensure the filters and/or membranes are effectively removing unwanted particles and bacteria from your water.
Digital TDS Meter Tester Features :
– This item can be used in : water purifiers and filters, food (vegetable, fruits) & drink quality monitoring, pools and spas, aquariums, hydroponics.
– Hold function : Saves measurements for convenient reading and recording
– Auto-off function : Turns off meter after 10 minutes of non-use to conserve batteries
– Dual Range : Measures form 0-999ppm, with a resolution of 1ppm. From 1,000 to 9,990ppm, the resolution is 10ppm, indicated by drinking x 10image, Factory calibrated
– Color : Beige
– Accuracy : +/-2%
– Weight : 68g
– Rang : 0-9990ppm
– Item size : 155mm x 28mm x 15mm
– Battery : 2 x 1.5V Button Cell battery (included)
Please note: This is not a HM digital product